Thursday, March 8, 2012

Apple cider vinegar/ green tea toner experience and overview

So I do watch a lot of videos and one video by the amazing bubzbeauty made a video about this DIY toner. So basically her recipe for the toner was one part apple cider vinegar to two parts green tea. I tried it and I thought I was having allergic reaction. I called my friend who had already tried it, screaming in the phone I said "did your face turn red and get hot from the toner you made". She told me while laughing at my misery that it did not that and that she basically thought I was a ditz. Well I found out from this experience that I will from now on water down things like VINEGAR to about one part vinegar to three parts green tea. My skin is sensitive but not to the point where I would know unless I did something like this to it. Now I use it everyday without any side effects and actually have had amazing results, just as she said my scars are disappearing and my overall skin feels better. I haven't had any pimples since I started this about two weeks ago which amazes me immensely.
So I would recommend this, but just alter the recipe to your skin type and test it out on a small part of  your face before adding it to any face routine. If you have dryer skin I'd recommend adding olive oil to this as it can be drying. It lasts up to two weeks in the fridge.

You'll need:
Glass jar of some sort
Organic apple cider vinegar
Green tea (organic tea bags recommended)
Olive oil (optional)

Do a ratio of 2-5tbs green tea to 1tbs apple cider vinegar depending on skin sensitivity

No comments:

Post a Comment