Friday, March 9, 2012

The Big Buzz: BB Creams

So the hot new thing in the States and many other western countries is BB creams. The ones made by non Korean brands are advertised to be the holy grail of foundations, that's not true. They are basically tinted moisturizer but amped up slightly to provide slightly more coverage. Some are over priced and I don't see how it's worth it.
I've been using BB creams for over a year now, but overall I love the Korean brands the most, it just seems like they have more research and years behind them because they have been popular over in eastern countries for years. It seems like the buzz has come over to the states and everyone wanted to be apart of the craze so they took something and slapped a label on it. By no means am I putting those companies down. Some of the companies make good make up and that's what they are good at, but when you take something that's worth $15 in another brand and hike up the price to $40 for the same thing with just a couple more shades I think that's unfair.
Overall I love BB creams because they do a lot to help your skin while still covering it. It has become a miracle product for me because foundation has always been too heavy on my skin and to flaky. Its a happy medium between coverage and weightlessness.
So if you want to try a BB cream and have lighter skin go for the Korean brands like skin 79, etude house, lioele etc. but you are a darker shade I would go with the garnier BB cream. Its the most comparable in price and has a darker shade that will fit darker skin tones. If you don't like foundations as much as I do and a darker than many of the shades Korean brands offer and want to try the smashbox brand go for it. I may be a little bitter about it but I think there should be more shades available for the same price that I pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment