Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Skin Story: routine that cleared up my face

So my face isn't acne prone or anything like that. I have fairly sensitive skin and it reacts differently to some things. I had a clear complexion without any pimples up until last October I'd say. Then everything started to going down hill. I didn't know what was going on and figured it wasn't my facial routine because it was the same since I started wearing makeup and then suddenly it started to look really bad. I didn't have pimples but white heads that would form and stay, form and stay until my cheeks and chin looked horrible. I went to my dermatologist to find out what was wrong he said not to worry and just do what  was doing, so I did. It didn't work for obvious reasons. So I started to do my own research and set out to cure it myself. I tried masks, exfoliating. That helped a little then I began to read up on the benefits of  benzoyl peroxide on the skin and went out that day and bought 10% benzoyl peroxide cream and that night I washed my face and put this on without any moisturizer cause that seemed to be helping form the break outs. I did this for a week, then my skin began to dry out so I knew I needed to moisturize, but I didn't want to go back to my old one because it felt so heavy, thats when I looked up gels and serums to replace it. I went through many and just last month I found MAC charged water gel moisturizer. this was my miracle product, it moisturizes but doesn't clog my pores. So I had the bumps and majority of the clogged pores down, then I moved onto the scars and remaining clogged pores. I replaced my toner with witch hazel and it worked great but did nothing for the scars. So I tried bubzbeautys apple cider vinegar toner and my face has cleared up amazingly. I have combination skin with oiliness around my nose and  chin.
 So overall I use:
random cleanser (really doesn't matter to me)
DIY apple cider vinegar toner (see apple cider vinegar post made previously)
MAC charged water gel moisturizer
Clean and clear acne cream with 10% benzoyl peroxide

No comments:

Post a Comment